WAZER Cleaning Workflow

Cleaning the WAZER is part of the regular maintenance schedule and should be completed frequently. How often a full tank cleaning is needed will depend on what you are cutting and how much you cut, but making sure your WAZER is clean will help to keep it running properly and prevent other issues from coming up.

After cleaning our in-house machines many, many times I’ve developed a workflow that makes cleaning the tank a little less painful and this regular cleaning schedule has helped to keep our machines running well. The procedure for performing a Full Tank Cleaning can be found on this page but please see the information below for some tips and tricks that make this easier on us!

Keep a plastic bin on hand to place your cut bed into after removing it from the machine. The cut bed will be full of water and abrasive so this will keep your workspace clean.

Install a hose near your WAZER so that it can be used to rinse the abrasive off of the surfaces and into the water. This also helps to remove abrasive trapped in the rear baffle and can be used to fill the tank after its been cleaned. See my forum post on installing a hose near your unit.

Here at WAZER we use sandbags to transfer the abrasive from the workshop to the dumpster. We scoop it out of the tank right into the bags, then these can be tossed in with our regular trash. One important thing to note is that you should avoid putting water into the bag with the abrasive. This will make it much heavier and water may spill when moving the bag to the dumpster.

To avoid scooping too much water out with the abrasive we use a gardening trowel that has drain holes in it, this way you can grab a scoop of abrasive and let the water drain out before putting it into the sandbag.

Lastly, one thing that I like to do every time the tank is empty is to clean out the pickup filters and venturi blocks. Keeping this part of your Low Pressure system clean will help your WAZER collect as much abrasive as possible during cutting and will extend the time between full tank cleanings. See this page for the procedure for cleaning these parts.

I hope the information above helps to keep your WAZER clean! If you have any tips or tricks that you use to make cleaning less of a pain let us know below, I’m always looking for ways to improve this process!

7 Likes