Fusion 360 cam post processor

Hi all,
I was wondering if anyone uses fusion360 cam in place of the wam software. Looks like a post is available and I’m curious if anyone has used it and if it works well.

Looks like it has presets in the post for aluminum, stainless, and 4130, with the option to default to the presets or designate feeds and speeds via the tool settings in the cam software.

Hi @carr505 thanks for joining the WAZER Forum and Welcome!

Using a workaround for the WAM software is not recommended and is a direct violation of Warranty and Support services. In the event of ignoring the User Manual and following unsupported workflows/systems, your Warranty and Support Services will be void. Damage to your WAZER, environment, or injury/death to the user is possible. To review the Terms of Service and Warranty, please find this information here - Thank you!

With that said, I do not recommend Forum discussion around any Warranty violations. I apologize for the inconvenience.

Thanks @Alex

That is just stupid

Best regards

Alex, I think it would be good for WAZER to look at this and even work with Autodesk to help further develop the post processor. Almost every CNC Machine, whether it is a Mill, Lathe, CNC Router and plasma table all support Fusion.

Limiting WAZER only to the WAM software really limits users and it would help with development workflows for integrating WAZER into a larger production environment.

I am not sure what the limiting factor is. WAZER is just a GCODE device. If you help develop the post processor, I am sure it would help with sales in the future.

Thanks

5 Likes

Hey @cbyrd thanks for joining the Forum and Welcome!

Honestly, this is a great idea! Being able to Support Fusion additionally would open up possibilities for the larger production environment. I will personally share this feedback with the Development Team and push this into our in-house dev. log.

The intentions behind WAM are to enable all of our users, no matter what market or experience level with CNC they have, and give easy access to a quick to use software. There was no intention to limit users and apologize if that is the case.

At this time, the Development & Customer Support teams can only support trusted and tested software - such as WAM. Any workaround outside of this will result in safety concerns because they are not tested/trusted. Hence, the ToS Violation.

Moving forward, I will make sure your voice is shared internally to the Development Team - Thanks for sharing! :grinning:

2 Likes

I would love to see Fusion 360 as a part of WAZER but Autodesk is charging for every little tab now that it has become so useful. It will be another IOS money grabber before its over. Hoping I’m wrong!
Every machine I own has proprietary software these days. WAM is as good as any other or better on the market. TRUMPF has theirs and charge $135 an hour for a zoom call.

I’m a Fusion360 beginner user and also interested in obtaining a Wazer. Is there any problem exporting .DXF or .SVG from Fusion into WAM?

Since I haven’t done anything in CAM, I guess the question is what are the issues regarding going from Fusion to WAM? The Wazer isn’t doing any machining, just cutting. Please excuse my ignorance.

Hey @michaelk Thanks for joining the Forum, and Welcome!

There are no issues exporting a DXF from Fusion and importing that DXF into WAM. It’s a pretty quick process actually!

1. Create your sketch and extrude profiles to solid.

1. If you are using text, make sure it is converted to a path and extruded as a cut-out. This is to make sure the text is converted to nodes & paths in order for WAM to interpret it.

1. Crate a final sketch on the face you desire to be cut.

1. Export this sketch by right clicking and saving as a DXF.

1. Import the saved DXF into WAM! (Link)

If you are curious to learn more recommended export processes for DXF files through multiple CAD software, I recommend reviewing our online article found here!

3 Likes

but you are still stuck with sucky /wam the goal it to dump it since Wazer will never get it right.

they should give up and hire someone competent to start over and or support fusion

i got fusion 360 nan d am trying to figure out the process chain to go from DXF to Wazer gcode. does anyone have a tutorial or list of steps that they can share?

got it working already but i am very good at forgetting process steps. would love to get a list of steps to go from DXF to Wazer gcode. i already forgot what i did but did produce gcode that looks right. i would like an explanation of how to do lead ins outs choose feed and piercing variable for different materials etc.

this is sure going to be less work thatn writing a post processor myself :slight_smile:

1 Like

Digging around the post processor a little bit and found on line 549, the variable for the maximum line length can be found and changed. I have tested this visually with outputted code and it does work and still follows the correct profile when I change the maximum line length to 1000mm. This cuts back on code size substantially for larger parts.

Need to test this on the machine to make sure Wazer didn’t do this for a reason, but I have tested hand edited code previously where I removed all intermediate points and the part came out just fine. Still waiting for feedback from Wazer to see why they are doing it this way, but it seems unnecessary.

Edit to add: Line segments seem to be stuck at 43.175mm for the longest length, even when maximum line length value is changed.

i don’t think it is possible to get any useful information from Wazer. I don’t understand why they feel a need to treat us like morons. I wish they had marketed the machine “for morons only, not for engineers”

1 Like

which post processor is this? where do i find it

Figured it was the same one you were using since you are posting stuff from fusion. It is called wazer and it is available on autodesks website. I would post it here but the file type is not supported. It can be found on the link below, just search wazer in the search bar.